The McNeely Spectrum is an addition to the Warner Palaestra at Saint John's University. It was created out of the necessity for more athletic space. The original Palaestra called for a fieldhouse, but it was never built. The McNeely Spectrum is a 300 x 210-foot athletic facility with a 200-meter six-lane indoor track. It also holds five tennis courts, two collegiate-sized basketball courts and two baseball infields. A dedication ceremony took place on April 17, 1998.
The facilities are currently being updated along with Clemens Stadium, under a $12 million master plan.
- Brever, Eric. "More gym renovations? Old floor retired as Claire Lynch Hall receives repairs. SJU to dedicate athletic facilities; CSB/SJU golfers tee off; SJU's Schneider honored," The Record, April 16, 1998.
- Boerboom, Mike. "McNeely Spectrum vast and impressive," The Record, September 24, 1998.
- Lee, Lor. "Spectrum nearing completion," The Record, March 26, 1998.
- Tison, Alivia. "Athletic facilities slated for expansion," The Record, May 6, 2011.
- Meier, Jared. "SJU atheltics improve their facilities," The Record, September 22, 2022, p. 9
- Peterson, Landon. "New capital improvements make their debut," The Record, 14 September 2023, p.1
Special thanks to Ariel Smelter '12 for drafting this text.