Saint John's University Archives
The Saint John's University Archives was established in 1975 to collect, house, and make available the historical records that document the origin, development and achievements of the University, its faculty, staff, and alumni. See also Saint John's Abbey Archives.
- About the Archives
- Hours, location, mission and goals, staff, contact information and policies
- SJU History
- A starting point to explore SJU's history. Also includes lists of administrators, awards, buildings, early students, etc., and other resources such as A Visual History of Saint Benedict's and Saint John's and short visual “history lessons” on a variety of topics.
- Digital Archives
- Many of the Archives' resources are freely available digitally.
- Finding Aids and Inventory List
- A list of folders and other items in the Archives and a directory of Finding Aids for specific collections.
- Photos & Maps
- Aerial photos, campus maps and selected photos. For fun: the 2020 SJU Aerial Tour by drone!
- Digitized, searchable publications from or about Saint John's (except for the Student Newspapers, below).
- Student Newspapers
- Online and searchable back to 1965 for CSB and to 1888 for SJU.
- Special Collections
- Information about the manuscript collections of Jon Hassler, Edward L. Henry, Paul Marx OSB, Kilian McDonnell OSB, Robert Spaeth, and Bela Petheo.
- Significant events in the history of SJU and CSB. Browsable by campus (SJU/CSB/Joint) and topic.