Collegebound at CSB+SJU
August 17-23, 2023
(opens 9:30 a.m. CDT Monday, May 8)
2023 Registration Details
Space is limited and trips will fill quickly. Students unable to register will be directed to register for the waitlist. Open spots will be offered to students on the waitlist in the same order their registrations are received. Register online beginning 9:30 a .m. CDT on Monday, May 8, 2023.
$450 per student. Fee includes: trip transportation, food, permits, lodging, gear, and an incredible experience! Payment does not include personal travel expenses from your home to CSB and SJU. Additional costs may include snacks on the travel days and any souvenirs. Payment is due by 8 a.m. Monday, June 3 unless alternate arrangements are made with Lucas Wade to confirm your spot.
The Mason V. Sorenson Memorial Fund has been established in honor of Mason Sorenson '96 to provide need-based financial support for Collegebound participation and other CSB and SJU outdoor programs. Scholarship funds supports Collegebound participants with demonstrated significant financial need as determined by our partners in CSB and SJU Admissions. Students can indicate their interest in being considered for a scholarship on the registration form.
2023 Trip Itinerary
Collegebound runs from Thursday, August 17 through Wednesday, August 23, 2023
- Thurs, Aug 17: Arrive on campus, move-in during the morning, spend the afternoon and evening meeting your leaders and fellow participants.
- Fri, Aug 18: Depart campus in the morning on a bus headed to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Practice paddling, try on your PFD (life jacket), and enjoy a final night with cell phone service and indoor plumbing before getting on the water.
- Sat-Tues, Aug 19-22: Travel through the Boundary Waters in a single gender group with your student leaders and fellow participants. Make friends, learn about life at CSB and SJU, and improve your paddling skills! The night of August 22 will the the final night you spend camping in the Boundary Waters.
- Wed, Aug 23: Regroup with all Collegebound participants. Load the bus and head back to campus.
- Thurs, Aug 24: On-campus orientation begins for all first-year students.
Details on packing lists, health forms, payment options, and trip leaders will be provided via email to participants once the registration process is complete.
Collegebound is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Outdoor Adventure Education services we provide. We encourage students of all identities and backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, familial status, or status with regard to public assistance to consider joining the Collegebound outdoor orientation program. We are committed to working with all interested students to find ways to allow their participation.