Indoor Climbing Wall
Saturday, December 9th the wall will be open to Bennies only. We are working with She Sends Collective, setting this time aside as an opportunity for Bennies to visit the wall in a setting that is entirely focused on their experience. The wall will reopen on Sunday, December 10th to all members of the CSB and SJU community.
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday: 6-8:45pm
- Thursday: Closed
- Saturday/Sunday: 1-3:45pm
- The wall will be closed for home football games, snow days, other large Outdoor University events, school breaks, and anytime The Link suspends service.
Find fun opportunities and new challenges at the CSB and SJU indoor climbing wall located in the Warner Palaestra on the SJU campus. Standing 40-feet high and featuring a variety of routes, the climbing wall is a great place to hang out, learn some new skills, and get more comfortable overcoming challenges in a positive way.
- All experience levels welcome! Feel free to stop by even if you aren't sure about climbing and just want to take a look.
- FREE (including equipment) for all CSB and SJU students, faculty, and staff. Please bring your campus ID.
- Waivers are required for everyone at The Wall. You can complete a waiver in-person or submit your completed waiver by email to email@example.com.
- Climbers under age 18 are welcome when accompanied by a legal guardian who will also need to complete the waiver.
You are welcome to use personal equipment at The Wall as long as it meets the following criteria:
- Harnesses and helmets must have been manufactured within the past 5 years
- All equipment must be in good condition (No damage, rust, fraying, tearing, or other significant wear)
- At the moment we do not allow climbers to supply their own ropes as we are still developing our own lead climbing facilitation skills
- If you use personal equipment while climbing, you assume full responsibility for the performance of that equipment. If there is any doubt about the quality of your equipment, we encourage you to take advantage of the equipment that The Wall provides free of charge. Staff reserve the right to forbid use of any and all personal equipment at any time if there is any uncertainty about the condition of the equipment.
We welcome members of the broader community at The Wall! While we do not charge an admission fee, we ask the community to consider supporting The Wall through an annual membership donation to Saint John's Outdoor University.
The Wall is a great place for group bonding and team building, whether you are a member of the CSB and SJU communities or a local organization like a high school, small business, scout troop, or other group.
Questions? Please contact
Assistant Director of CSB+SJU Outdoor Education
Peter Engel Science Center 211