Duo Two-Factor Authentication
Duo two-factor authentication is used to require an additional step to the authentication process you are familiar with. Two-factor solutions, such as Duo, confirm your identity by requiring you to provide something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone or device running the Duo app). Use of Duo two-factor authentication helps protect you in case your password is compromised.
Duo is required for many CSB/SJU services, including Office 365 email, Banner Self-Service, Canvas, and others.
If you have not already enrolled in Duo, follow the instructions below to enroll your mobile phone (recommended). Duo's enrollment process makes it easy to register your mobile phone and install the Duo Mobile application on your smart phone or tablet.
HOW TO INSTALL DUO CSB/SJU
Note: It is recommended to enroll using a computer, and not a mobile device.
- On your mobile device, install Duo Mobile app. Note: Duo Mobile is a free application in the App Store, Microsoft Store, and Google Play Store.
- Open browser on your computer and go to: https://duo.csbsju.edu or browse to the CSB/SJU Home Page, click A-Z, click D, click Duo.
- Enter your network username and password on the Central Authentication Service screen.
- Click Start Setup.
- Select the type of device you are adding - Mobile Phone is recommended.
Enter your cell phone number and follow the on-screen prompts.
Select what type of mobile device you are adding.
Open the application on your mobile device. Tap Get Started.
On your computer, click I have Duo Mobile installed.
With your mobile device, scan the QR code with the Duo Mobile app.
Click Continue on your computer.
You are now enrolled!
- A mobile device such as a smart phone is recommended for convenience and ease of use.
- If you do not want to use your mobile device, a Duo Security Key may be used. We recommend a mobile device because the security keys are not as convenient as the mobile app.
- CSB/SJU recommends installing the Duo Mobile app made by Duo Security on your supported device and keep the option "When I log in: Ask me to choose authentication method".
Please direct questions related to these instructions to the CSB/SJU IT Services Help Desk at 320-363-2228 or email email@example.com.