Tastes like home
Looking to liven up your holiday menu? Try Grandpa's Christmas Egg Bake, perfect for Christmas morning or any pajama day over holiday break. If it's from Grandpa, it has to be good!
The Bennie Cookbook features appetizers, main dishes, salads, desserts and more from current students and alumnae. And you could receive a chance to win your own copy! Head on over to the CSB Alumnae Facebook page, find today's Advent Calendar post and leave a comment with a favorite holiday food tradition. All indiviudals who comment will be included in a drawing for a Bennie Cookbook.
Grandpa's Christmas Egg Bake
Yield: 12 servings
A Roberts Family Christmas tradition! Years of memories enjoying Grandpa Longsdorf's egg bake as a family on Christmas morning!
Recipe by Emily Roberts Roane ’14
6-8 slices of bread (trim crusts)
1 pound breakfast sausage (cooked)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups milk
1 tsp yellow mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Trim crusts from bread and put into greased 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
2. Top with crumbled breakfast sausage (cooked).
3. Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
4. Blend eggs, milk, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until mixed.
5. Pour liquid over bread, sausage and cheese.
6. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake the next morning at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.