CSB+SJU are ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the nation
#1 and #2 colleges in Minnesota for getting a job.
The CSB campus is located in St. Joseph, Minn., a cozy community that comes complete with a food co-op, boutique shops and nationally recognized restaurants. The SJU campus is only a few miles away in Collegeville, Minn., set on 3,000 acres of woods, lakes, prairies and even a private beach.
- Students travel between the two campuses on the LINK, a free and frequent shuttle. It’s a short 10-minute commute between both campuses – perfect for getting in some extra studying or relaxing and enjoying the gorgeous scenery.
- Red-brick buildings and cobblestone paths adorn both campuses.
- Located just minutes away from St. Cloud, Minn., a bustling city with abundant shopping, eating and entertainment options.
The liberal arts curriculum at CSB+SJU encourages students to think deeply, embrace differences, engage globally, serve graciously and live courageously.
- 70+ areas of study.
- 37 majors and 40 minor programs.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in nursing programs.
- Graduate theology and nursing programs.
CSB+SJU are among the national leaders for schools yielding the highest salaries for former students. The stats below - among others - confirm our graduates are finding the right opportunities for them.
- 90% of CSB+SJU graduates finish in four years.
- 20% of graduates go directly to graduate school.
- About 80% of graduates have found career-related positions or entered service work within one year of graduation.
Athletics and Activities
Competitive athletics, clubs, music ensembles and more help students become well-rounded, more confident leaders.
- NCAA Division III athletics programs.
- 24 varsity sports teams.
- 16 club sports and 15 intramural sports.
- 19 music and vocal ensembles.
- 100+ clubs and organizations.
The first thing you’ll get as a Bennie or Johnnie is the opportunity to learn amazing things. The last thing you’ll get is lost in the shuffle. CSB+SJU offer the opportunity to learn from and build relationships with experienced, distinguished professors and mentors who are recognized experts in their fields.
- 252 full-time and 54 part-time faculty members.
- 85% of full-time faculty have the highest degree in their field.
- 100% of classes taught by faculty members, as opposed to graduate assistants.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is 11:1.
- The average class size is 19 students.
Citizens of the World
We deliver a premier, inclusive, global educational experience to every student.
- CSB and SJU students come from 41 different states and Puerto Rico and 14 countries.
- 17.6% of students are U.S. students of color.
- 3.7% of students are international.
- 15 semester-long and 15 short-term international study programs are offered every year.
- More than 50% of students participate in a semester-long study abroad program.
- CSB+SJU are consistently ranked among the top undergraduate colleges sending students abroad.
Catholic and Benedictine Tradition
Community living, hospitality, peace, respect for all persons; these are just a few of the Benedictine Values that are at the heart of the CSB+SJU experience. This tradition sets its sights on the transformation of the human mind and heart. It encourages an active sense of belonging to our campuses and to the larger world.
- Students of all faiths are welcome.
- Benedictine men and women serve both campuses as teachers, administrators and mentors.
- 47% of students are Catholic.
Residential living is an integral part of the college experience. We provide students with their home-away-from-home and ensure they have the opportunity to live on campus all four years. It’s an experience that goes well beyond a dorm room.
- 100% of rooms have an in-room sink & mirror, along with individual closets, desks and desk chairs.
- 90-95% of students live on campus through our four-year residency program.
- More than 25 fulltime residential life staff on campus for safety, resources and social activity planning (split between CSB and SJU).