A proud tradition
CSB is the nation’s only Benedictine college for women.A College for Women
Over 100 years
Founded in 1913CSB History
Driven to succeed
More than 90% of graduating Bennies do so in four years.Student Outcomes
The College of Saint Benedict
A Distinctive Experience
The College of Saint Benedict designs programs to meet the needs and aspirations of young women, emphasizing women's leadership and a personal development profile that includes intellectual, spiritual, emotional and physical development. Our values-based and value-added residential liberal arts education provides the framework for fulfilling lives of disciplined inquiry and leadership in careers devoted to the professions, public life and service to others.
A Sense of Place
When prospective students enter the Malone Admission Welcome Center at Saint Ben’s, the first thing that strikes them is a view of the domed Sacred Heart Chapel. That dome offers more than a lovely view. It offers a glimpse into our heritage. In 1913, the sisters of Saint Benedict’s Monastery designed the chapel and informed the builder it was to include a dome. He tried to explain to them that it couldn’t be done. They lacked the resources. And besides, no one else in Central Minnesota had a dome. Softly, confidently, correctly, the sisters assured him, “It will be done.”
Office of the President
Brian J. Bruess, Ph.D.
Dr. Bruess became the first person to serve as president of both the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University on July 1, 2022. He is responsible for leading two strong, respected Catholic, Benedictine, residential liberal arts institutions with distinct but supporting missions.
Bruess earned his bachelor’s degree from St. Norbert College and his master’s and doctoral degrees in college student personnel/research and evaluation from Ohio University.
A Unique Partnership
Two Amazing Colleges – One Priceless Education
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University offer you two nationally recognized liberal arts colleges for the price of one. Our unique partnership gives students the educational choices of a large university while enjoying the individual attention and community of a premier small college.
- Our campuses are located six miles apart in central Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies and lakes. The colleges are minutes away from the St. Cloud metropolitan area, with a population of more than 100,000, while Minneapolis and St. Paul are 70 miles southeast on I-94.
- Our learning experiences are enlivened by Catholic and Benedictine traditions of hospitality, stewardship and service. We embrace these timeless values while encouraging independent thinking and the lively engagement of faith and reason.
- We support a vibrant environment for the performing and visual arts that contributes to culture, community and creativity.
- We’re ranked among the top baccalaureate institutions nationally in the number of students who study abroad. These experiences prepare our students for leadership and service in a global society.
- SJU and CSB were recently ranked Minnesota’s #1 and #2 colleges for getting a job by Zippia.
See for Yourself
Explore our stunning campus and all that’s waiting for you at the College of Saint Benedict.CSB Aerial Tour
College of Saint Benedict
Toll Free 800-249-9840
Toll Free 800-648-3468, extension 6
Toll Free 800-544-1489