Certificate in Spiritual Direction
COURSEWORK (Certificate Total: 22 credits)
1 credit can be taken on campus or online (pre-requisite to Dynamics of Spiritual Direction)
- Discernment in Prayer
12 credits may be completed online or on campus:
- Prayer (could be 3 one-credit courses)
6 credits must be completed on campus (summer or academic year)
- Dynamics of Spiritual Direction (3 weeks)
- Integrating Spiritual Direction (1 week)
3 credits can be completed at home with distance participation in the seminar
- Practicum - Spiritual Direction
Core theology courses should be taken concurrently with the spiritual direction courses.
PREQUISITES FOR ADMISSION
- Belong to a faith community and be at least 30 years of age.
- Be in spiritual direction for at least one year of monthly sessions
- Be ready to engage in on-going discernment of the charism for spiritual direction.
The tuition for the certificate program is the non-degree rate which is less than half the cost for degree seeking students. Scholarships, ranging from 50% to 100% of the tuition are available to degree seeking students. The current tuition rates are posted on the website.
For questions, contact Sam Rahberg, Director of the Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction: firstname.lastname@example.org;