Nordic Skiing at Saint John's
- Subscribe to automatically receive ski trail updates by email
- COVID-19: Masks are required both indoors and outdoors on the CSB/SJU campuses. You do not need to ski wtih your mask on, but please keep a mask handy in case you run into others on the trails and cannot maintain distance. Let's work together to keep our community safe and trails open for all to enjoy!
Note that trails have been assigned a directional designation and most are one-way to help make skiing safer for all.
- Avenza App: a free app available on Android and Apple. Import our ski trail map into the app to easily keep track of where you are on the trails.
- Trail Descriptions, Parking, Trail Access
- Get gear from the OLC or CSB Campus Rec
No current closures. Get current trail conditions by signing up for our email list.
Walkers on the ski trails...
While it is wonderful that people are out exercising in the woods of Saint John's we try to avoid having much foot traffic on the ski trail system.
- If you must walk on the groomed ski trails, please walk on the edge of the ski trail opposite the classical track (the parallel tracks packed on one side of the trail).
- The Boardwalk Loop, Logging Loop, the Chapel Trail, and the SE side of the Old Entrance Road are not groomed for skiing and are perfect for walking. View a Trail Map.
- The woods and trails are plentiful for sharing. Thanks for your help keeping the ski trails great for skiing!
Support the ski trails...
The ski trails are part of Saint John's Abbey Arboretum. The land is owned by the monks of Saint John's Abbey and is generously made open for public use.
- The ski trails are groomed for the benefit of the ski team, faculty, staff, students, members of the CSB and SJU communities, and Outdoor U members. All of the grooming is performed by volunteer efforts of a few individuals plus the help of a student employee.
- We collect no trail fees. Join Saint John's Outdoor University as a member to support the ski trails.
- By joining Outdoor U you will receive all the information and benefits of every member ( including a free introductory cross country ski lesson!) and can freely use the trails. You will also be supporting the ski trails and the grooming we do. On the application please indicate that you are a skier.