Maps & Publications
Copies can also be found at the Outdoor U offices in the Peter Engel Science Center, the Great Hall Information Desk, Outdoor Leadership Center and the Abbey Guesthouse..
- Saint Ben's Monastic Trails
- Saint John's University Campus Map
- Nordic Ski Trails
- Wobegon Trail - CSB to SJU
- Archery Deer Hunt Stand Map
- 2020 Fall Geocache Map | 2020 Geocache Flyer (PDF)
Use with Avenza app to track your progress! The geocaches are temporary through Nov 30, 2020. Do not disturb any natural material to find geocaches. No placing of public geocaches is allowed without written permission of the Abbey Land Manager.
- Learn about the history of the Chapel Trail, one of the most beloved hikes in Minnesota.
- Take a virtual tour of the Boardwalk Loop, a 1.5 mile hike through prairie, wetland and forest.
- More than 15K of trails in the Abbey Arboretum are groomed for nordic skiing - for classic, skate or both. The natural rolling hills make some of the trails challenging but beautiful.
- The Nature of Saint John's: A guide to the landscape and spirituality of Saint John's Abbey Arboretum
Published in 2015, this book is the first comprehensive field guide to the natural and human history of Saint John's Abbey Arboretum. An ideal pocket guide companion for hikers or for those who simply wish to hold the Arboretum in their hands.
- Sagatagan Seasons
The newsletter of Saint John's Outdoor University. Archived issues.
- Annual Reports and Stratigic Planning
The annual reports of the involvement at the Outdoor University as well as the plans for growth.