Passphrase (also known as Password) Help
Setup your authentication options now so you can easily reset your password in the future. If you are across the world studying abroad or we are closed, you can still access your account.
You have three options and must select one authentication method. The three options are phone,alternative email or security questions. You are required to do one of the three options on the page, however we suggest that you register multiple methods. This gives you flexibility when one of the methods is not available.
Use the following passphrase (also know as passwords) creation guidelines for your CSB/SJU network account:
- Use a passphrase with at least 15 characters. For example: PuppiesAreMyFavorite
- Add symbols, numbers, spaces, or upper- and lowercase letters, for additional security.
- Choose something known only to you that no one will suspect.Do not include easily guessable content such as “password” or “12345”.
- Do not include personally identifiable information such as your first name, last name, username, or company name.
- Do not use any information shared in online quizzes or resources (ex: The name of your first street, the make of your first car, etc.)
- Do not use the same passphrase, or a variation of it, for CSB/SJU accounts as for other access, such as, online banking, personal ISP accounts, Facebook, Twitter, or other social network accounts.
- Passphrase will not expire.
- You will not be able to use the following words in your passphrase: csbsju, johnnie, johnnies, bennie, bennies, blazers, Benedictine, benedict, saint, john’s, university, sjprep, prep, hmml, litpress, abbey, monastery.
Important update May 2020:Password requirements have changed. For detailed information, read the Passphrase Requirements above.
Note: Your User ID is your full firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct questions related to these instructions to the CSB/SJU IT Services Help Desk at 320-363-2228 or email email@example.com.