"The trip was extremely positive for me. The entire group engaged deeply in meaningful and productive community." -2018 Advisor
ABE Advisor Role:
- Help to recruit Participant Applicants.
- Attend as representative of The College of Saint Benedict/Saint John's University and consistently conduct yourself in a manner that best represents the institutions.
- Represent CSB/SJU well by adhering to and upholding all CSB/SJU policies, especially the prohibition on any alcohol or drug use by any participants.
- Encourage and support the student Co-Leaders of this trip to be the leaders of the trip.
- Step in and take charge in emergencies and/or when students exhibit poor judgment in a way that could cause harm or injury to self or others.
- Commit to the team and trip preparation.
- Commit to the 5 Pillars of ABE and how they apply to the trip and to life once back at home.
- Attend pre-trip meetings, a potential pre-trip service project, and the post-trip ABE Slideshow.
- Learn as much as possible about the issues and the culture you will be experiencing on the trip.
- Engage freely and enthusiastically in all direct service experiences.
- Engage in group activities, such as daily reflection and work toward conflict resolution and tolerance of co-participants.
- Recognize any assumptions/expectations you have for the trip and work to reduce and eliminate them in order to be open to every experience while on your ABE.
- Patience. You may not get all the information as quickly as you would like but you will receive all the necessary information before departure. More information in Frequently Asked Questions.
Wish to apply?
Fill out the ABE Advisor application online!
*All applications are due September 27th, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Contact the ABE Team with any questions at email@example.com